Superintendent oversees the daily construction activities at a work site related to scope of work. Responsible for the overall progress of the project as well as the scheduling of workers and the delivery of equipment and materials. Works with contractors to complete project within the given budget and time frame. Coordinates with Project Managers and upper management to process any necessary order changes. Superintendent executes the day-to-day decisions on the work site in conjunction with upper management.
– Schedule Material deliveries to job sites
– Sign materials in and out of warehouse at time of delivery
– Schedule and Manage job site manpower
– Set expectations of productivity daily
– Delineate scope of work to Alpha field team (foreman and installers)
– Inspect quality of work and set expectations for quality of work installed daily
– Attend job hand off meeting coordinated by Operations Manager with Estimating Team.
– Review Safety Procedures and follow through.
– Daily Job hazard analysis JHA’s (Job Foreman) Super verifies this is being done daily
– Inspect project prior to scheduling crews to verify project scope is ready for production.
– Train all foremen for proper installation for each manufactures product prior to starting project, also train them to inspect for quality control.
– Daily job site visits and attend weekly job site meetings (visits require communication with our customer before you leave job site). Utilize daily logs for documentation of site visits and any issues encountered.
– Keep all records up to date on our electronic job files emails
– Keep up with weekly manpower schedules.
– Complete employee time cards and submit to Operations Manager/General Super as required weekly.
– Utilize approved submittals, Spec-Data sheets, etc. to educate yourself about the materials that we are installing.
– Coordinate housing as needed for our crews.
– Communicate with office operation managers / General Super daily
– Assist Operations Manager/General Super with monthly billing projections and AIA billings.
– Submit T&M work orders/pending change orders in a timely manner for manual billing in the month the work is performed.
– Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
– Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university: or 5+ years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience;
– Knowledge of firestopping materials and manufacturers preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
– Must possess a valid drivers license and vehicle insurance, must have a good driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather and job site conditions, which may include air borne particles, vibration, fumes and high places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 35+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team.
We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Bonus Program
– Use of company tools and equipment
– All PPE provided
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you! Serious applicants only! We look forward to working with you! Resumes that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Applicants will need to successfully pass a pre-employment background and motor vehicle report (MVR) check in order to be eligible for this position.Apply