Document Processing Tech – Universal City, TX
The document processing technician is a data entry specialist who manages various aspects of document control including document conversion and archiving. The processor usually works with construction documents such as architectural and engineering drawings, project specifications, and addenda.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Communicate with Estimating and Sales personnel regarding project
- Retrieve construction documents from online planrooms and contractor websites
- Create project entries in central task management software
- Review project entries in customer relationship and project management software
- Modify, convert, and organize documents into required standardized format
- Create entries and upload documents into takeoff software
- Communicate with Estimating and Sales personnel regarding project documents
- Coordinate document processing tasks with other processing department team members
Education and/or Experience
– High school diploma or equivalent
– College degree preferred
– Experience with document processing software
– Proficient in data entry and document management
– 1 to 3 years administrative experience
WAGE – $13.00 PER HOUR
Ability to read and analyze communication and instructions from customers, managers, and sales/estimating personnel, and other document processing team members. Ability to read construction drawings, specifications, and addenda, and technical procedures.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands/arms.
The employee is required to sit, climb stairs regularly, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment and warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather and job site conditions, which may include air borne particles, vibration, and fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 35+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team.
We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you! Serious applicants only! We look forward to working with you! Applications/Resumes that do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.Apply