Fireproofer / Sprayer
Fireproofers are responsible for installing fireproofing materials in new and existing commercial buildings to the required specifications designated by the material manufacturer. Fireproofers regularly work extended hours, weekend hours, and may be required to travel out of town as needed.
– Assist in receiving and unloading trucks.
– Ability to read and understand spray charts and material thicknesses.
– Must be able to operate a Forklift, Boom lift and scissor lift.
– Must be able to use a mechanical sprayer to apply SRFM and be able to diagnose any small issues as well as breakdown and clean equipment daily.
– Track daily production rates.
– Communicate with immediate supervisor on scheduling and material orders.
– Communicate with general contractor and other trades.
– Follow direction with minimal supervision
– Wear the proper safety equipment.
– Available to work out of town
– Work off scissor lifts, boom lifts, and scaffolding
Education and Experience
– GED or equivalent; Minimum of 2 years spray experience preferred
– Ability to apply SFRM per manufactures recommendations preferred
– Ability to read and write and interpret spray charts preferred
– Forklift, boom lift, scissor lift certification required
– Must have reliable transportation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 35+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team.
We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Bonus Program
– Use of company tools and equipment
– All PPE provided
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you! Serious applicants only! We look forward to working with you! Applications/Resumes that do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.Apply