Operations Manager – Phoenix, AZ
Operations Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards on all projects and with superintendents. The Operations Manager provides senior project leadership on assignment of projects. Responsibilities include tracking job direct gross profit, maintaining safety policy, and preserving client relationships. Travel is required. Position reports to a Vice President.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
– Oversee Project Management of all jobs.
– Coordinate with Director of Sales to set up turnover from preconstruction
– Review scopes of work for accuracy
– Track change orders
– Oversee & invoice ticket work/pending change orders on manual invoices in the month work is performed
– Perform all monthly AIA billings as required
– Submit billings projects to the Company President no later than the 25th of each month
-Submit temp labor head count and dollars spent weekly to the accounting payroll clerk
– Submit billings projections to the accounting payroll clerk
– Manage field supervision
– Conduct weekly production meetings with focus on quality control and safety
– Assist superintendents/Project Managers with labor and billing projections
– Oversee material acquisition process and flow
– Manage Bonus Program for Superintendents and Project Managers
– Coordinate and manage field labor
– Achieve designated per man billing each month or reduce labor
– Approve all over time as required
– Oversee hiring process for field labor
– Approve field payroll timesheets
– Ensure that weekly superintendent schedules get completed, posted, and verified
– Manage the superintendent’s job duration charts
– Manage material purchasing, delivery, and warehouse functions
– Visit jobsites to confirm billings and quality control
– Oversee daily material sign ins and outs
– Approve branch Purchase Orders
– Update job cost budgets to reflect completed scopes of work. (i.e. to zero out budget upon completion of work) Submit to Senior Financial Analyst
– Monthly inventory
– Return or place extra materials within 90 days in order to not carry unnecessary inventory
– Ensure all material gets signed in and out
– Manage inventory for materials/parts/equipment
– Partner with EPA approved firm to dispose of outdated material
– Conduct Monthly inventory count
– Resolve monthly inventory variances
– Oversee and follow up on all general superintendent and superintendent duties and back up as required
– Hire, train, motivate Superintendents to ensure capacity for branch and future growth
Education and/or Experience
– 2-5 years Construction Management/Operations, Administrative, Operations or Project Management experience
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year University highly preferred
– Bilingual in Spanish a strong plus, but not a requirement
– Microsoft Office required
– Valid drivers license
– OSHA 30 trained
– Scaffold Certified (or ability to be certified)
– Fall protection certified (or ability to be certified)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment and warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Applicants will need to successfully pass a background/MVR check in order to be eligible for this position.Apply