Sales & Estimating Rep – Sanford, FL
The Sales and Estimating Rep oversees all aspects of the project and is responsible for co-ordination and completion of the project and to this end will perform a variety of tasks. Tasks include analyzing drawings, specifications and addenda, setting deadlines, establishing schedules, procuring materials, tools & equipment, and monitoring and documenting progress of the project. The Sales & Estimating Rep may be responsible for more than one project at a time.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Attends weekly sales meetings to review the status of new and completed bids and to receive new assignments.
- Promotes the company by attending trade association functions and cultivates customer relations through various means
- Attends pre-bid meetings as necessary and forwards minutes and pertinent information to the estimation team.
- Analyzes drawings, specifications and addenda to determine full scope of work.
- Prepares detailed standardized quote letter and bids out to prime bidders. Places all bid information in Sales database and retains for future reference.
- Follows up on bids by contacting customers by phone, email or personal visits to determine competitiveness of bid, to analyze possible scope differences with competition and to determine customer’s needs regarding possible value engineering and possible additions or deletions of scope of work included in bid. Logs all bid follow up with customers in the Alpha Sales database including bid tabs and scope of work included / excluded with other companies’ bids.
- Confers with Director of Sales to negotiate price and scope of work included in bid with successful prime contractor.
- Upon an award of contract, performs job file set-up per the Procedures Manual.
- Reviews contract verifying scope and contractor conditions.
- Prepares submittals and forwards to the contractor for review and approval
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, discussing and preparing change orders as they occur, comparing & selecting vendors, manufacturers and sub-contractors to determine cost effectiveness.
- Confers with Production team to assess requirements regarding scheduling, manpower, materials, deliveries, equipment and machinery, and logistics at the start of a project or for each new scope of work.
- Confers with manufacturer representatives, lift and scaffold suppliers and general contractor Superintendent to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Makes job site visits, operates a motor vehicle to and from each job site. Attends weekly job-site meetings. Inspects job for progress, scheduling updates, material and proper manpower requirements. Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules. Information is reviewed with assigned Superintendent.
- Interfaces with general contractor or customer to address concerns
- Consults with clients, vendors or other individuals to discuss and resolve issues.
- Assists General Superintendent in monthly billing projections and evaluates billings vs. job costing/set-up.
- Reviews jobs bid and follows up to determine sales projections, reviews sales to date to determine sales goal annual variance, reviews back-log status and potential slow period fill-in work needs.
Education and/or Experience
– Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
– one or two years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
– Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance; must meet insurability standards
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather and job site conditions, which may include air borne particles, vibration, fumes and high places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 35+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team. We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Bonus Program
– Use of company tools and equipment
– All PPE provided
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you! Serious applicants only! We look forward to working with you! Resumes that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Applicants will need to successfully pass a pre-employment background and motor vehicle report (MVR) check in order to be eligible for this position.Apply