Waterproofer – Milwaukee, WI
The Waterproofing Technician installs caulking in expansion, contraction, and control joints in interior and exterior masonry, door frames to masonry, windows to masonry, louvers to masonry, coping joints, concrete paving joints, saw cuts, and EIFS joints utilizing silicone, urethane, and acrylic based sealants.
– Installs caulk into joints using a bulk caulk gun, pulling product out of buckets, using ‘sausage’ tubes, or standard tubes.
– Inspect joints to make sure they are sound, that all joint filler material has been removed, and that joint size is acceptable.
– Joints requiring it will be packed with backer rod to ensure proper joint depth, eliminate three side adhesion, and provide a sound backing to tool against.
– If required, joint primer is applied using a spatula type knife of proper size, smoothing sealant to match masonry mortar joints.
– When using self-leveling products, use compatible material to ‘dam’ ends, penetrations, and holes, so that the material remains in the joint.
– Mix material when required utilizing a drill and mixing paddle. Mix according to manufacturer’s directions.
– Access to joints may require use of boom lifts, scissor lifts, swing stage, scaffolds, ladders, boswain’s chair (sky genie), or bucket trucks to reach great heights inside and outside of buildings under construction.
– Clean tools using toluene or xylene type products. Specific care and precautions are to be taken when working with these solvent type materials.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and use a tape measure, ability to read measurements off of a blue print.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have form of dependable transportation; must be able to travel out of town, both on overnight and one day trips.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform job functions while wearing respirator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 35+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team.
We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Bonus Program
– Use of company tools and equipment
– All PPE provided
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you! Serious applicants only! We look forward to working with you! Applications/Resumes that do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.Apply