Construction Project Manager/Estimator – Tulsa, OK
Project Manager/Estimator will support branch by preparing project takeoff, pricing scope of work and writing proposals. Tasks include analyzing drawings, specifications and addenda, setting deadlines, establishing schedules, procuring materials, tools & equipment, and monitoring and documenting progress of the project. The Estimator may be responsible for more than one project at a time.
– Proficiency in quantitative take off (On Screen Takeoff, EDGE, Blue Beam or similar software)
– Sales and Networking: Specialty sales calls on general contractors. Follow-up sales calls on each job bid.
– Blueprints: Able to read and make OST on architectural plans
– Estimating: Compile material and labor requirements for each job take off and apply mark-ups for bidding. Use of OST computer programs where applicable for estimating purposes.
– Submitting Proposals
– Project Management & Budget Responsibilities
– Highly motivated, “Go-Getter” who is Customer Service and Sales Oriented
– Strong computer, communication and organizational skills
– Detail-oriented, team player, and able to multi-task
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Ability to build and cultivate customer base
– Meet/Exceed minimum bid volume requirements
– Meet/Exceed minimum relationship building requirement
– Meet/Exceed annual growth/sales goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
– High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
– 2 years experience as a project manager, or estimator in the commercial construction industry. Division 7 experience preferred, but not required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid drivers license and vehicle insurance, must have a good driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather and job site conditions, which may include air borne particles, vibration, fumes and high places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 36+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team.
We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Bonus Program
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you! Serious applicants only! We look forward to working with you! Resumes that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Applicants will need to successfully pass a pre-employment background and motor vehicle report (MVR) check in order to be eligible for this position.Apply