Construction Warehouse/Delivery Driver – Phoenix, AZ
This position receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. The successful candidate will also deliver equipment and supplies to commercial construction sites using a standard box truck or standard pickup truck.
– Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders.
– Read orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
– Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
– Use a high-pressure mechanical sprayer used to remove loose paint, mold, grime, dust, mud, and dirt from equipment.
– Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift.
– Light mechanical duty that includes assembly and disassembly of small parts.
– Assist in counting of physical inventory.
– Weigh and/or count items to ensure conformance to company standards.
– May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
– Pick up trash and place in receptacles.
– Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
– Wear the proper safety equipment.
Education and/or Experience
– High school diploma or equivalent required
– 6 months Warehouse experience required
– Construction industry experience preferred
– CMiC software experience preferred
– Outlook and Microsoft Office skills preferred
Certificates and Licenses
– Standard Drivers License or CDL with acceptable driving record mandatory
– Forklift Certification required
– DOT medical card
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, tape dispensers, and forklifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 1st shift. Occasional Saturday and overtime work required
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 35+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team. We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Use of company tools and equipment
– All PPE provided
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you!
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Candidate will need to hold a valid driver’s license, and pass Background Check, Motor Vehicle Report, DOT Physical, and Drug Test.Apply