Construction Purchasing Analyst – Marietta, GA
Analyst will assist in the profitably & cost effectiveness of construction projects as it relates to purchasing. Analyst will interact with branch personnel and suppliers to process material requisitions. Analyst will submit in a timely manner, complete and accurate Purchase Orders, track delivery status, follow-up as needed, and ensure full and complete delivery of material to specified locations. Analyst will develop strategic relationships with external suppliers and internal business leaders, drive cost savings initiatives, and implement procurement best practices.
• Work with operations and production managers to coordinate processing of multiple material requisitions
• Create and submit accurate and complete purchase orders and work with vendors to maximize cost savings
• Confer with vendors to obtain product service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Accurately reconcile receipts to purchase orders and ensure timely input into ERP software.
• Interact with managers, vendors, and the accounts payable department to provide quick resolution to purchasing issues.
• Provide special attention to billing conditions, tax status, approval contacts, addresses, and special rates on purchases made.
• Enter and verify correct job and cost codes for all purchase orders.
• Expedite delivery of goods to users, when necessary.
• Provide additional service administration support, as required.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by management, including, but not limited to, switchboard operation and mail distribution.
Ability to send and retrieve emails. Ability to convert images or documents to .pdf files. Ability to save, organize, and maintain files electronically using Windows Explorer. Ability to navigate the internet, download/upload documents. Functionally proficient with MS Office applications, including but not limited to, MS Excel and MS Word.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, product specification sheets, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to present information and respond to questions effectively from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as converting units of measurement, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, desk phones, photocopiers, scanners & mobile devices.
Start a new career with Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing, part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. At over $1B in Revenues, IBP is one of the largest publicly traded company in the insulation industry (IBP – NYSE).
As IBP’s commercial division, Alpha is one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. serving the Tier 1 Commercial Construction Industry across 12 locations.
With a 35+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team.
We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
– Competitive pay
– Paid holidays
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Insurance Benefits & 401k
– Full training and industry orientation
– Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you! Serious applicants only! We look forward to working with you! Resumes that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Applicants will need to successfully pass a pre-employment background check in order to be eligible for this position.Apply